Pursuant to the agreement between the University of California and the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) bargaining unit, UCLA will be implementing the 3% range adjustment and a single step increase for eligible Service Unit (SX) employees effective July 1, 2014, for monthly paid employees and July 6, 2014, for biweekly paid employees. Additional details are contained in the AFSCME Service (SX) Contract, Article 44.
Due to system limitations, step increases will need to be processed manually by the EDB preparers for each department. Additionally, any employee missed by the automated process or eligible for a lump sum payment will need to be processed manually. Further detail can be found in the SX Manual Entry Memo.
- To be eligible for any of the wage increases described below, employees must be on pay status or on approved leave, in the SX Bargaining Unit on the effective date of the increase and the date of payout. For the step increase only, employees on limited appointments and probationary employees are ineligible.
3% Range Adjustment
- All SX salary ranges will be adjusted, resulting in a 3% salary increase for all eligible employees.
- Range adjustments were handled through an automated process by CHR Compensation and Payroll and should already be reflected in EDB. If any eligible employees were missed by the automated process, manual processing is necessary.
- Adjustments to RES (Reserve) appointments must be done manually by the department.
- The new SX Title Code Ranges effective July 1, 2014, are available at: https://tcs.ucop.edu/tcs/jsp/nonAcademicTitlesSearch.htm.
- The manual processing window is: Now through 5:00 PM on Monday, July 14, 2014.
- New rates reflecting the 3% range increase for biweekly paid employees will be reflected on the July 30, 2014, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be viewed on July 25, 2014.
- New rates reflecting the 3% range increase for monthly paid employees will be reflected on the August 1, 2014, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be viewed on July 28, 2014.
Step Increase – Lump Sum
- Employees within range will receive a one (1) step increase. System limitations will not allow multiple automated uploads with the same effective date, so step increases need to be entered manually by each department.
- Employees at the range maximum, or above, that are not receiving a salary increase, shall be paid a one time, annualized, 2% non-base building lump sum payment equal to the step increase they would otherwise be eligible to receive. Part-time appointments should be reduced proportionally. See the manual processing instructions for examples.
- The manual processing window is: Now through 5 p.m. on Monday, July 14, 2014.
- New rates reflecting the step-increase (or lump sum payment if applicable) for biweekly paid employees will be reflected on the July 30, 2014, paycheck.
- New rates reflecting the step-increase (or lump sum payment if applicable) for monthly paid employees will be reflected on the August 1, 2014, paycheck.
Contact Campus Human Resources Compensation Services at 310-794-0890 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these upcoming wage changes. Questions regarding EDB should be directed to CHR Policy & Personnel Services at 310-794-3147.
Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875