Benefits Open Enrollment begins 8 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015, and ends at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015 for eligible academic and staff employees. This is an excellent pportunity to review your benefits to make sure you have the coverage you need for next year.
UC has worked hard to maintain a full range of quality medical plan and pricing choices for employees, and to control costs as health insurance costs nationwide continue to rise.
Here are some highlights regarding 2016 UC Benefits:
- Many employees will see less than a $6 monthly premium increase in 2016.
- View 2016 rates for employees.
- All current medical plans will be available in 2016, and UC added several programs to improve your care.
- The University continues to provide dental and vision care at no cost to employees with full benefits.
- Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), benefits eligibility will be calculated differently, and some employees not previously eligible for benefits will be eligible beginning January, 2016. See more details about what the ACA means for you.
- The ARAG Legal Plan is open for enrollment. There will be no rate changes and the plan is very affordable, with a monthly cost of $10 to $15, depending on the eligible family members you choose to cover.
UC has added several medical plan enhancements:
- For those who travel, all plans in 2016 will cover immunizations needed to travel. Check with your plan or the Open Enrollment website for the coverage your plan will offer.
- For smoking cessation, Health Net Blue & Gold will add the “Quit for Life” telephonic behavioral coaching program, in addition to its current online program.
- Health Net Blue & Gold will expand the Omada Prevent program for people with pre-diabetes to support those who are at risk for heart disease.
- Blue Shield Health Savings Plan and Core will add “Oncology Practice of the Future,” a program designed to ensure comprehensive cancer care for its members.
- Core will add coverage for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services to support autism care.
- UC Care will add more Ambulatory Surgery Center providers in its UC Select tier with a $100 co-pay.
Complete details are on the Open Enrollment Website and in the Open Enrollment booklets recently mailed to employees.
If you have any questions regarding Open Enrollment, please contact your Benefits Representative, call the Open Enrollment hotline at (310) 794-0421 or email email@example.com.