Learning & Organizational Development’s Performance & Impact Badges teach skills that empower staff to increase their performance and impact at work and are highly relevant to a wide range of professionals. The courses are applicable to virtual work, in person and hybrid work, and are appropriate for managers and individual contributors alike. Badges are a way to learn, apply and evaluate a targeted skillset at a smaller time investment than a certificate program.
You can now earn a badge in:
- Strategic & Empowered Career Management
- Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Project Development, Execution & Facilitation
- Presentation Skills for the Modern Professional
How to Earn a Badge
Staff can earn a badge by completing all courses in a badge series listed below. These courses are highly participatory and require full attendance to receive credit.
- See scheduled courses and register for upcoming courses at the UC Learning Center
- Courses may be complete in any order
- Upon completion of all required courses, the badge will be awarded to your UC Learning Center Profile
Strategic & Empowered Career Management Badge
As higher education, all its various fields, and job markets across all industries shift and transform in response to the tumultuous times we live in, responsibility for career development and advancement largely resides on our individual shoulders. With the help of the UCLA Learning and Organizational Development Team, you can learn the necessary skills to manage your career journey. The Strategic & Empowered Career Management badge will introduce you to the essential tools and concepts needed to take control of your career and create a strategic action plan for both short-term and long-term goals.
Strategic & Empowered Career Management badge addresses the following UC competencies: Belonging & Community, Continuous Learning and Continuous Improvement.
Two Core Courses:
- Introduction to a Strategic Career Management Model
- Beyond SMARTE: Achieving Your Professional Goals
At Least Two Elective Courses:
- Elevate Your Application: Resume & Cover Letter Best practices
- Authentic Networking
- Job Crafting: Aligning Your Work with Your Goals
- Mentoring Matters: A Guide to Effective Practices for Mentors & Mentees
Emotional Intelligence at Work Badge
Many believe that intelligence, commonly known as IQ, determines your career success. But research consistently shows that great careers are highly influenced by a different kind of smart: emotional intelligence or EQ. This series will help you understand and apply the EQ skills necessary to (1) enhance your self-management and (2) promote productive relationships in your office and at the university.
The Emotional Intelligence at Work series and badge addresses the following UC competencies: Belonging and Community, Collaboration, Communication and Change Agility.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- The Science of Resilience
- Difficult Conversations at Work
Project Development, Execution & Facilitation Badge
Do you have inspiration that might help you bring value to your work, your department or the university? Do you wish you could develop your inspiration into great ideas and projects? Would you like the tools and skills to plan and implement those projects and get others on board? CHR Learning & Organizational Development’s badge in Project Development, Execution and Implementation will give participants a hands-on, interactive introduction to developing a project idea, creating departmental buy in, planning project timelines, anticipating risks and challenges, and exercising their influence to achieve results.
The Projects series and badge addresses the following UC competencies: Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Service Focus, Collaboration, Communication and Change Agility
- Innovative Project Development: Introduction to Design Thinking
- Effective Project Execution: Project Planning; & Management
- Responsive Project Facilitation: Change Through Influence
Presentation Skills for the Modern Professional Badge
Do you want to improve your presentation skills from conception to execution? Would you like your team or audience to be engaged by your content and motivated to take action? Do you want to make sure your visuals enhance your presentation, and learn about the main components of effective public speaking? CHR Learning & Organizational Development’s badge in Presentation Skills for the Modern Professional will give participants a hands-on, interactive introduction to the three main components of effective presentations: compelling content, well designed visuals and polished public speaking.
The Presentation Skills series and badge addresses the following UC competencies: Continuous Improvement and Communication.
- Crafting Your Message: Content Development for Presentations
- Compelling Visuals: Visual Design for Presentations
- Telling the Story: Public Speaking for Presentations
For additional information contact:
Campus Human Resources, Learning & Organizational Development