UCLA staff and faculty can take advantage of a Management Development Certificate series designed to help management-level employees strengthen effectiveness in their current roles and prepare for future leadership opportunities. The Management Development Certificate supports UCLA’s workforce planning objectives, enhances retention of high-potential professionals and positions managers for success.
Design of the program was guided by a campuswide needs assessment that was conducted to identify competencies and plan management workshops. Previously piloted content is based on a mixture of elements sourced from Development Dimensions International, Center for Creative Leadership and in-house development.
Certificates are earned by successful completion of 10 courses with four (4) required courses and six (6) electives from a total of 16 different subject areas, as noted below:
- Assessing and Improving Managerial Skills
- Adaptive Leadership
- Addressing Challenging Employee and Labor Relations Issues for Managers
- Boosting Poor Performance
- Building Effective Partnerships wth Faculty
- Coaching for Improvement
- Creativity and Innovation
- Developing Others
- Employee Engagement
- Influential Leadership
- Leading Change
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- Recognizing and Resolving Workplace Conflict
- Strategic Focus
- Understanding Compensation and Salary Administration Process
- Current Topics in Leadership
Workshops are offered on an ongoing basis. An eBrochure is available in Related Information. Employees may enroll via the UC Learning Center in the Management Development category.
Campus Human Resources, Training and Development
Phone: (310) 794-0850 | Fax: (310) 794-0855