Skip to Main Content

Continuation of Coverage (COBRA)

If you or any family member(s) lose UC-sponsored medical, dental or vision coverage due to separation, divorce, etc., you may be able to continue group coverage through the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA). If you are enrolled in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) and leave UC employment during the plan year, you can continue your participation through the end of the current plan year (December 31) by making after-tax payments to your account. The plan administrator will send you a “Qualifying Event Notice” which explains the procedure for continuing your HCRA participation under COBRA. For more information about COBRA continuation privileges, see the Continuation of Group Insurance Coverage notice.

Campus Human Resources, Benefits Services
Phone: (310) 794-0830 | Fax: (310) 794-0835