In accordance with UC President Drake’s announcement regarding the FY 2023-24 Salary Program, the following guidelines are designed to assist departments in implementing the program for eligible staff. This program applies to policy-covered non-probationary staff in career, partial-year career, and eligible contract appointments. Student employees in casual-restricted positions and staff holding limited appointments are not included, nor are employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
In order to recognize the extraordinary efforts by our policy-covered staff members during these challenging times, the University is providing a 4.6% general increase to all eligible employees. Increases will be effective June 25, 2023 for employees on bi-weekly payroll and July 1, 2023 for those paid monthly. Accordingly, the new rates will be reflected in the July 19 or August 1, 2023 paychecks.
Although individual increases under this year’s salary program are not merit-based, the importance of the performance review process should not be discounted. All policy-covered staff must continue to receive performance reviews at least annually as required in Staff Personnel Policy (PPSM 23: Performance Management (PDF)).
Salary increases will be processed centrally by Campus Human Resources (CHR) or UCLA Health Human Resources (HHR).
- Eligibility Criteria
- Policy-covered staff appointed and on payroll by January 3, 2023, are eligible for the general increase except as noted in paragraph 2 below.
- Contract appointees who are subject to PPSM 30: Compensation (PDF) under the terms of their employment contract are eligible for the general increase and for those who are not subject to PPSM, it is the responsibility of the department to notify CHR of the need for exclusion prior to the effective date of the increase. Contract employees at UCLA Health are not eligible for the increase as PPSM-30 coverage is no longer applied to any new or renewed contracts.
- For Senior Management Group (SMG) employees, salary actions are in accordance with delegated authority established by the Office of the President and must be approved by the Chancellor, the President, and/or the Regents.
- Ineligible Categories and Appointment Types
- Per diem
- Floater and Contract (Health System)
- On probationary status as of June 30, 2023
- Casual-restricted student appointments
- Rehired retirees who have not suspended their UCRP payments, including those who received a lump sum cash-out of UCRP benefits at retirement
- Employees retiring between June 29 – July 1, 2023
- Staff members whose most recent performance rating was “Unsatisfactory” or “Does Not Meet Expectations” or who have been subject to corrective/disciplinary action during the review period, as documented by the department. Please ensure that your Compensation Consultant in Campus Human Resources or Health Human Resources is informed of any exclusions before implementation; otherwise all eligible staff will receive the salary increase.
- Applicable Policies and Procedures
- This salary program is implemented pursuant to Salary Policy PPSM 30 (PDF). All regular approval processes and approval levels will apply to salary actions under this plan.
- Transactions resulting in total annual cash compensation above $369,200 must be submitted in advance to Campus Human Resources for approval by the Chancellor. Salary actions for SMG employees and some Management and Senior Professional (MSP) employees also require approval by the UC President.
- Updated salary ranges for FY 23-24 will be available by the end of May. Any exceptions to exceed the range maximum require advance review and approval by Campus Human Resources or UCLA Health Human Resources.
Information regarding implementation dates and processes will be sent to HR administrators by Compensation Services. For questions, please contact your Compensation Consultant in Campus Human Resources at (310) 794-0890 or UCLA Health (including the School of Medicine) via the Employee Experience Center.