Pursuant to the respective agreements between the University of California and the University Professional and Technical Employees (UPTE), Technical Unit (TX) and Research Support Professionals Unit (RX) and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) – Service Unit (SX), UCLA will be implementing the following salary actions for employees in RX, TX and SX effective October 1, 2015, for monthly paid employees and October 11, 2015, for biweekly paid employees.
A 3% Across the Board/Range Adjustment will be processed centrally with new rates reflected in EDB on October 5, 2015:
- All RX/TX/SX salary ranges will be increased by 3% resulting in a 3% salary increase for all eligible employees.
- For specific information regarding range adjustments please refer to RX/TX contract; Article 6, section A.4 or SX contract; Article 44, section A.3.
- Eligible employees are members of the bargaining unit on active status or an approved leave of absence on the effective date of the increase and who remain on payroll when the payment is calculated and paid.
- If an eligible employee is missed by the central processing or has an RES Appointment, manual processing by the department is necessary.
- An employee whose pay exceeds the salary range maximum before the rate increase is applied is eligible for an increase only up to the new salary range maximum. See RX/TX contract Article 6, section A.4; SX contract Article 44, section A.3.
- If an employee’s pay is equal to or exceeds the salary range maximum after the range adjustment is applied, an increase will not be processed.
- Manual Processing Period: Monday, October 5, 2015, through 5 p.m. on Friday, October 16, 2015.
- Freeze Period: September 28, 2015, through October 2, 2015. Please withhold processing any changes during this period that will affect appointment and distribution information for employees eligible for the across the board/range adjustment. Any appointment and distribution changes processed in EDB during this Freeze Period will likely disrupt central processing of the increase. Should this occur, EDB preparers must manually process the increase on-line in EDB during the Manual Processing Period.
New rates for biweekly paid employees will be reflected on the November 4, 2015, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on October 30, 2015. New rates for monthly paid employees will be reflected on the October 30, 2015, paycheck for which IPAY screens can be reviewed on October 26, 2015.
Please contact Campus Human Resources Compensation at (310) 794-0880 or your Compensation Consultant with questions regarding these upcoming wage changes. Questions regarding EDB should be directed to CHR Policy and Personnel Services at (310) 794-3147.