Applications for the Chancellor’s Executive Education Fellowship to the UCLA Anderson Executive Program are now being accepted. This fellowship is made possible by the generous support of Dean Judy Olian and is intended to enhance the development of emerging leaders at UCLA.
The Executive Program is offered twice per year. The Spring session is scheduled for March 4 through June 26, 2017. The Fall session runs from September 16, 2017 through February 12, 2018.
The Executive Program offers in-depth sessions over several months:
- Sessions on leadership style to enhance decision-making, negotiation, and creativity, along with a business simulation exercise to improve problem-solving and master complexity;
- Weekly seminars on topics that range from strategy to negotiations, change management, multicultural teams, and innovation;
- An Integrative Case Competition judged by a panel of experts;
- Executive coaching to help clarify goals and develop action plans; and
- Application of program insights to specific workplace challenges.
The UCLA Anderson Executive Program is designed for leaders with management experience who have achieved, or have the potential to advance to, a senior management role at the University. Nominees who have attained a UCLA position at Management and Professional Staff (MSP) Grade 2 and above will be given priority consideration for the fellowship. A personal commitment to leadership development, to building their career at UCLA, and the ability to invest the time to fully participate in all aspects of the program are essential to participant success.
The deadline for applications is November 7, 2016, for both the Spring and Fall sessions.
A complete application has three parts: the application form, the candidate’s resume, and a letter of endorsement from the candidate’s manager. Application materials should be forwarded to Manager Julia Sanchez at email@example.com, by November 7, 2016.
A selection committee appointed by Chancellor Block will make fellowship recommendations, and an announcement of the Fellowship awards will be made in January 2017. Those not selected for an award are encouraged to consider applying directly to UCLA Anderson. A 30% discount is available for eligible UCLA managers and senior staff.
Early application is recommended, since space is limited.