Performance reviews are a key component of employee development and are required annually as described in Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM) 23 (PDF).
For staff reviews, please use the streamlined Performance Evaluation Form (DOCX), along with the Performance Evaluation Guide (DOCX) that clearly explains the performance management process. In addition, the Employee Self-Appraisal Form (DOCX) is recommended for inclusion in the review process so that employees can summarize their contributions.
The following resources are available to assist with the performance management process:
- Virtual Performance Management Refresher sessions are being conducted via Zoom. Supervisors can visit the UC Learning Center to register for a workshop.
- UC People Management eCourses can be completed at any time in 30 to 60 minutes.
- Gartner Painless Performance Conversations Workbook (PDF) offers helpful tips and templates for preparing and delivering performance feedback.
- A department-specific, Performance Management Refresher can be conducted, schedule permitting, by our Learning & Organizational Development team, by emailing Rejeana Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or David Fuller at email@example.com.
- LinkedIn Learning is now available for E-learning to help managers prepare for the evaluation process and support staff performance and professional goals.
If you have any questions about resources to support the performance evaluation process, please contact Rejeana Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.