Campus Human Resources is pleased to announce the 2018-2019 Management Development Certificate course schedule. Several new topics have benn added to the schedule in an effort to align with current management trends and offer more diverse choices to participants.
This certificate program is designed to help management-level employees maintain or enhance effectiveness in their current role and prepare for future opportunities. In addition to learning management theory, participants will work with their peers on application of new skills to real-world scenarios.
The following topics are included in the 2018-19 course schedule:
- Adaptive Leadership
- Addressing Challenging Employee and Labor Relations Issues*
- Assessing and Improving Management Skills*
- Boosting Poor Performance
- Building Effective Partnerships with Faculty
- Coaching for Improvement
- Creativity and Innovation: Unleashing and Leveraging Ideas in the Workplace
- Developing Others
- Employee Engagement: A Manager’s Guide to Effectively Motivating Employees*
- Influential Leadership*
- Leading Change
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- Recognizing and Resolving Workplace Conflict
- Strategic Focus: Managing Toward the Future
- Understanding Compensation and Salary Administration
* Indicates core Certificate Program courses
Certificates are earned by successful completion of 10 courses with four (4) required courses and six (6) electives. Courses can be completed in any order. This program is intended for employees at the Management & Senior Professional level and high-level PSS grades (or equivalent IT classifications), with an emphasis on those with broad decision-making authority, supervisory accountability and/or project management responsibility.
Additional details are available in the Management Development Certificate eBrochure (PDF) and on the 2018-19 Course Schedule. Registration for workshops is conducted via the UC Learning Center and will be on a first-come first-served basis.
For questions or additional information, please contact Rejeana Mathis (email@example.com).