Discrimination and harassment are against the law and University policy. It is the policy of the University not to engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed by or seeking employment with the University of California on the basis of:
- national origin
- gender identity
- physical or mental disability
- medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics)
- genetic information (including family medical history)
- marital status
- sexual orientation
- service in the uniformed services (as defined by the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994)**
- status as a covered veteran***
If you feel that you have been subjected to discrimination or harassment by your supervisor, co-worker(s), or anyone in the workplace, based on any of the above protected bases, contact the Staff Diversity and AA/EEO Compliance Office (SD&C) at (310) 794-0691 for assistance. Or, click on one of the EEO Complaint Forms on the right and complete all the information requested. You can fax it to the Staff Diversity and AA/EEO Compliance Office at (310) 794-2800.
The SD&C will:
- Listen to your concerns
- Assist you in finding options to resolve your concerns
- Clarify and explain University non-discrimination policies and procedures and how they apply to you
- Advise you of the University's confidentiality practices
- Refer you to other UCLA departments or offices for additional support or mediation as appropriate
- Advise you of your rights and recourse under the law and University policy
If you decide to file an EEO complaint, the SD&C will:
- Walk you through the complaint process
- Ask you to provide a written statement about the incident(s)
- Provide an opportunity for you to identify witnesses or individuals who will support your claim
- Investigate the complaint
- Keep you informed of the progress of the investigation
- Advise you of the outcome of the investigation
- Direct the findings of the investigation to appropriate University personnel for review and appropriate action
EEO complaints should be filed no more than one year from the date of the alleged incident(s). If you are interested in filing a Grievance under the provisions of PPSM (Personnel Policies for Staff Members), or a collective bargaining agreement, click on Filing a Grievance related link on the right.
If you feel that you have been retaliated against for filing an EEO complaint:
The University prohibits retaliation against individuals who file EEO complaints or participate in the complaint resolution process. The SAAO will investigate retaliation claims and report the findings to appropriate University personnel for review and applicable action. Please click on the Retaliation link for more information about the University’s policy prohibiting retaliation.
* Pregnancy includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth.
** Service in the uniformed services includes membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation for service in the uniformed services.
*** Covered Veterans includes veterans with disabilities, recently separated veterans, Vietnam-era veterans, veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Military Ground, Naval or Air Service during a war or in a campaign expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized, or Armed Forces service medal veterans.
Campus Human Resources, Staff Diversity and AA/EEO Compliance Office
Email: StaffDiversity@chr.ucla.edu | Phone: (310) 794-0691
Additional Contact Information:
Campus Human Resources, Employee & Labor Relations
Phone: (310) 794-0860 | Fax: (310) 794-0865