Skip to Main Content

How to Submit a Request for Dual Employment

Dual employment is the term used to describe a situation in which a full-time employee performs additional work in either (a) the employee's home department, but in a different job than the employee's permanent appointment or (b) a department other than the employee's home department.

The department requesting the employee's additional work will initiate the approval process. The requesting department completes the information on the online form in the Bruin CHR Service Center and submits it to CHR Compensation Services for review and approval. Approval is required before dual employment work can begin and before the appointment can be entered in EDB.

Please see Procedure 30 for more details.


Campus Human Resources, Compensation Services
Phone: (310) 794-0880 | Fax: (310) 794-0875